Background Image for Header:
Welcome to SAS Fall 2023 Student Registration!
We truly feel grateful to be a part of your student's journey into middle school. We know this can be an exciting yet challenging time for both students and families, so we hope we can help make this a very special, fun, and positive experience.
We have gone completely digital for registration this year, so we kindly ask that you help us by completing both of the registration steps below. If at any point you have questions or need help with this process, feel welcome to email us at SAS@mail.wvu.edu.
If you still have questions or would like to learn more about SAS before registering your student, please explore the resources at the bottom of the page.
If you are ready to register, please find your school below and fill out the forms that correspond to your school. You must complete both steps of the registration process to register your student.
If your school is not specified below, please contact SAS@mail.wvu.edu or your school's SAS coordinator.
*NOTE: You must complete the Participant Information Form AND the Commitment to Being My Best Form to completely register your student.*
Step 1 - Participant Information Form - These forms help provide us information so that we can best be prepared to serve your student. It will cover everything we need to know from T-shirt sizes to emergency contacts to information our nurse needs to administer medications.
Step 2 - Review and Sign our Commitment to Being My Best and Waivers - Please go over the Commitment to Being My Best with your student - they will need to sign this as well. The waivers will cover liability, media release, and other items.
Once both of these are completed, your student is officially registered!
Now what?! Let's get ready to go! Here are a number of resources for you and your student to prepare for your big adventure:
- Review the Packing List - Please make sure to check the weather and adapt the list as needed for your week! Also, we want to reiterate that if you don't have something on the list, that's okay! We'll make sure your student has what they need. PRO TIP: Label everything you bring... even undies. Now get packing!
- Attend an information session - Every Monday at 6:00pm from August 21st through October 30th, you can join us on Zoom for a free and informal information session. Just click the link and jump on the call! https://wvu.zoom.us/j/97843464594
- If you cannot attend an information session, you can still look through our slide show. Please take a look a this PDF version of the presentation. Note: Check out the notes and annotations to get as much information as you can!
- Visit our SAS Facebook Page for information, updates, and be a part of our community!
- Review the Family Handbook - This handbook covers most questions you may have about SAS including food, housing, groups, phone policy, etc.
- Family FAQs - If it wasn't covered in the handbook, you can surely find answers to any questions you have in the Frequently Asked Questions.
- Check out the "A Week in the Life of SAS" photo book - This was created after our 2019 program and things have changed a little bit since then, but it will give you a really good idea of what a week with us is like. Pro Tip: For many sections, there are multiple photos, so don't forget to look for the arrows to see as much as possible!
- Watch lots of videos! Here are some of our favorites:
- 2019 SAS overview video - this gives a good overview on who we are and what we do starting with our beginnings in 2018
- 2021 SAS overview video – This video recaps the 2021 season, shares why teachers and principals participate in SAS, and talks a little bit more about why we think this is an important program!
Parent perspective video - This video focuses on guardians reflecting on changes in their students after attending SAS
- 59 News Clip - In this news clip, a reporter takes you through a brief visit to the 2019 SAS program.
- Google Us - there are a lot of cool news article and clips out there to check out.
- Ask us any questions you have - You can email SAS@mail.wvu.edu with any questions you have or to set up a call with one of our full time staff team members. We would love to talk with you about any questions or concerns you have!